Reflection Questions

1. What do you remember best from outdoor ed from this past year
I don’t get the question if your asking what I remembered,I remember the struggle before our wetland  interpretation trip when we had so many projects to hand in. We had our posters, flash cards,presentations and much more and the stress kept building up on top of the pile of work we had. It if your asking my favourite moment it would have to be the final canoe trip when we stopped and swan just having fun pushing each other in and the wet sandy mud in between my toes. Or when Rose pulled out the giant water bug while we were critter dipping.
2. What challenged you the most from this past year in outdoor ed
The challenge for me was getting in projects on time when we had all of those projects. Megan was a good partner and helped me get those projects in sooner and helped me improve them. This was challenging for me because I get stressed out and anxious very easily and this was a lot for me.
3.What did you find interesting to do in outdoor ed
I found the canoe trips interesting and fun to do. I learned a lot and had fun while doing it. Or when we were questioning the kids they knew so much and in Portage we would never have learned that stuff so early my science then was no where close to advanced as theirs was. There was so many moments that were interesting. I learned a lot and nothing really took the cake in this category. Anything that teaches me something new is interesting to me
4. Would you like to have had more individual or group activities? Explain why?
I would love to have more group activities. Group activities are good for our social skill and I’m not very social because I’m not that good at English. Group activities help me communicate with and get to know my peers better
5. What skills will be useful for you into the future.
I learned how to tie certain knots that I can use in the future. I think that is one of the most important skills. I learned how to give a presentation using interpretation. But the most important skill I think I learned would have to hand things in on time and to stay on top of my work. To me this skill we take me farther than any skill I learned in this class. I can use it if I get into a office job or even now with cutting grass and staung on top of it before my lawn mower can’t go over it.
6. What would you suggest would make outdoor ed an even better class for students.
When I started I was told that it was all about camping and then I got in and we barely did any of that. One way I could suggest to stop this because I know a lot of people left last year because of it is change the explanation to math the course or change the course to match the explanation.
7. Yes I would the fishing was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done as a field trip. I wish I could go on the camping trip too but I have family over. More trips like these are good for our generation to get us out of our houses. 8. Personally for me I think we could do more outdoor activity. I learn better by doing and not hearing The balance ratio of outdoor activity to outdoor eduapcation right now is 35:65 and I feel it could be 45:55. That to me is a better ratio to what this course was described to me when I was making my first course selections. We need some activities this year and it was more of what I thought it would be in grade 9. Those are som of my thoughts on those ratios. 9. Like I have been saying this entire time. I think we should have less class time and more doing things. Or you could give us more time to complete projects with more time inbetween. It also seems like this class doesn’t really have a outline that we follow it’s more just whatever has to do at the time it’s more like a giant inquiry project. I like to be organized and have a outline of what is expected of me to do during this course. 10. I think we should do more of this. When we did it in grade 9 we did it once and basically never went over it again. I think we should do a small review each year to do the things we learned. For examle next year have a small test on the knots we learned to make sure these important life skills are not lost in the endless void of knowledge we have to take in year after year.or another example would be the shelter building and the different types of shelters we can make. Or how to properly and safely prepare a fire without burning yourself. These are my thought on if we should be reviewing thing we did in the past and like I said we should maybe just have a small review of what to do to make sure they stick in our brains and not get lost. You know what they say you need to do something 7 times until it stick in your brain if we do these thing from grade 9 twice a year it will stick by the time we graduate. That is two easy classes a year that we can dedicate our time to

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gear list for Friday

My experience in the canoe